IMPORTANT TRAVEL UPDATE:
Stehekin Valley Ranch has set up our bus schedule the best we could to service passengers arriving/departing on both the new Stehekin Ferry and the Lady Express.
Recently, Discover Lake Chelan (operating the “Lady of the Lake” passenger ferry boats) has made scheduling changes for the 2020 season. See their website (www.ladyofthelake.com) for full details of their boat schedules. Here is the short list of what will affect Ranch guests the most:
- Currently, the Lady of the Lake boat is only running on Fridays & Sundays for 2020. You will need to find an alternative option if you were planning to arrive or depart on this boat on any other days.
- The Lady Express is making a 1.5 hour layover in Stehekin starting June 1, 2020. This change will mean that folks leaving the Ranch to catch this boat will have an extra 30 minutes to wait at the boat Landing area.
This new boat schedule does not mesh as well as the one our bus schedule was based on. With the amount of time required to travel the road and fulfill the rest of our schedule, we are unable to adjust any closer to the new Express departure time without completely missing the departure of the Stehekin Ferry, and being late for the arrival of the Lady Express.
You are free to make your own decision as to how you prefer to arrive and depart, but we wanted you to be aware of the recent changes so that you are not surprised during your vacation.
- The Ranch Bus will meet new arrivals on both the Stehekin Ferry and the Lady Express when these boats dock.
- To catch any of the passenger boats – the Stehekin Ferry, the Lady Express, or the Lady of the Lake – on the day of departure, guests will need to ride the 9am Ranch Bus to the Landing. We do make several great sightseeing stops on the way down, so we arrive at the boat dock around 10:15am.
- Those departing on the Stehekin Ferry will depart shortly after arrival at the Landing.
- Those departing on the Lady Express will have a 2 hour wait at the Landing before final departure.
- Those departing on the Lady of the Lake will have a 3.5 hour wait at the Landing before final departure.
If you have questions, or would like help figuring out your best options for arrival and departure, please don’t hesitate to contact our reservation office (509-682-4677 or email@example.com).
If you feel you would like to change your boat ticket to a different arrival/departure option given the recent changes, please contact the boat company that your current ticket was booked through (either Lady of the Lake, or Stehekin Ferry, respectively) to learn about your options.
The new Stehekin Ferry schedule is perfect for folks who are not local. We do realize, however, that there are folks who wish to arrive earlier in the day than the Stehekin Ferry provides. In that case, the best option would be to arrive on the Lady Express and depart on the Stehekin Ferry.
PLEASE LET OUR RESERVATION OFFICE KNOW WHAT YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ARE. It is important for us to know when to expect your arrival in order to serve you better.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!!